Police allay fears over alleged influx of bandits into Ekiti as abducted hotel victims regain freedom

 
Fri Jun 11th, 2021 - Ekiti
 

The Ekiti State Police Command, yesterday, allayed fears over alleged influx of some armed men suspected to have travelled from the northern part of the country into Shasha Market in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital.

A statement by the police spokesman, Sunday Abutu, said that a truck loaded with bags of beans, dried fish, onions and other food items from Sokoto State heading to Akure, Ondo State, stopped by at Shasha Market junction in Ado-Ekiti to offload five bags of fish.

IN another development, the police, yesterday, said those kidnapped during attack on a hotel at Ayetoro-Ekiti in Ido-Osi Local Council on Tuesday evening had been released.

Abutu, speaking with journalists via telephone conversation, said only two persons were kidnapped during the attack. He said that the abductees were freed at Ikun-Ekiti, Moba Local Council of the state. Abutu also debunked the claim that someone was raped during the attack, saying investigation didn’t reveal so.

MEANWHILE, a member of the House of Representatives in Ekiti State, Mr. Femi Bamisile, yesterday, in a telephone conversation with newsmen, said he had not made a formal declaration for the state governorship seat.

According to him, what he did was to inform stakeholders about his intention.

x
 
 

Reactions


 

source: Guardian